Friday, August 9, 2024

Opening My Mouth and Panting - Psalms 119:131

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “the entrance of your words gives light; it gives understanding unto the simple”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and thirty-one of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I opened my mouth and panted” where we read,

I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for your commandments.

The verse begins, “I opened my mouth, and panted: The Psalmist began with the words, “I opened my mouth” or “I, the Psalmist, yawned or gaped open my, the Psalmist's, orifice in his face used for eating, drinking and speaking”, “and panted” which means “and gasped, breathed heavily, eagerly thirsted for and trampled”. The Psalmist shared how he gaped open his “mouth” and breathed heavily.

The verse goes on to say, “for I longed for your commandments. The Psalmist continued with the words, “for I longed” or “because, since and on account that I, the Psalmist, desire” “for your commandments” which means “on behalf of your, Jehovah God's, laws, ordinances, precepts and codes of wisdom”. The Psalmist said he passionately desired to have Jehovah God's laws and ordinances within his life.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how the Psalmist employed his “mouth” to gasp and breathe heavily for God's “word”. He knew having Jehovah God's “commandments” in his life would give him the best life available. God loves people, and He proved His love toward us when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we put our faith and trust in Him, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and encourage to “long for” His “word” to be incorporated into our lives every day.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “look you upon me, and be merciful unto me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment