Friday, August 9, 2024

Order My Steps in God's Word - Psalms 119:133

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “look you upon me, and be merciful unto me, as you used to do unto those that love your name”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and thirty-three of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “order my steps in your word” where we read,

Order my steps in your word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

The verse begins, “Order my steps in your word: The Psalmist began with the words, “order my steps” or “make firm, stable, established and secure my, the Psalmist's, strokes, beats, occurrences and footsteps” “in your word” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, utterance and speech”. The Psalmist desired that Jehovah God make his footsteps and occurrences firm and stable.

The verse goes on to say, “and let not any iniquity have dominion over me. The Psalmist continued with the words, “and let not any iniquity” or “and do not permit or allow the whole, everything and the total of trouble, wickedness, sorrow and idolatry to” “have dominion over me” which means “exercise power, mastery or lordship upon me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist wanted Jehovah God to keep all wickedness and trouble separate and apart from him.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he desired that Jehovah God direct his footsteps through life, and in his journey, he did not want anything that was wicked or troublesome to overcome him. God wants to provide for everyone in this manner, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified on the cross to pay the price for the sins of every person. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life, guide us by His Holy Spirit into all truth (See John 16:13) and keep us from evil and wickedness that desires to steal, kill and destroy our souls. (See John 10:10)

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “deliver me from the oppression of man”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment