Saturday, August 3, 2024

Refraining My Feet From Every Evil Way - Psalms 119:101

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I have more understanding than all my teachers: for your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep your precepts”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and one of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I have refrained my feet from every evil way” where we read,

I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep your word.

The verse begins, “I have refrained my feet from every evil way, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I have refrained my feet” or “I, the Psalmist, have restricted, kept back and forbid my, the Psalmist's, physical feet and walking” “from every evil way” which means “separate and apart from each, all and everyone of the bad, disagreeable, malignant, unpleasant, unkind and wicked path, manner and way of living”. The Psalmist shared how he restricted and forbid his feet from each and every one of the wicked, unpleasant and malignant ways to live.

The verse goes on to say, “... that I might keep your word. The Psalmist continued with the words, “that I might keep” or “so I, the Psalmist, may guard, watch over, give heed to and observe” “your word” which means “your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, business, occupation, manner and acts”. The Psalmist said the result of him keeping his feet separate from wicked and ungodly ways was that he would give heed to and observe Jehovah God's instruction for life.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how important it was to the Psalmist to restrict himself from the path of a wicked and ungodly way of living. God wants to give us protection and provision, and He has given us His “word”, the Bible, to show us how to live. He desires a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us not only to walk in His straight and narrow way, but also to observe His “word” in every day of our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have not departed from your judgments”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment