Sunday, September 29, 2024

Eyes Unto God - Psalms 141:8

In Psalms one hundred and forty one David said, “Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cuts and cleaves wood upon the earth”, and in chapter one hundred and forty one and verse eight of Psalms David said, But my eyes are unto you, O GOD the Lord” where we read,

But my eyes are unto you, O GOD the Lord: in you is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.

The verse begins, But my eyes are unto you, O GOD the Lord: David began with the words, “but my eyes” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover my, David's, physical eyes, look or vision” “are unto you” which means “exist toward you, Jehovah God”, “O GOD” or “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “the Lord” which means “the proper name of God only”. David shared how his physical eyes and vision were toward his Divine judge Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “in you is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.” David continued with the words, “in you is my trust” or “within you, Jehovah God, exists my, David's, faith, confidence, refuge and protection”: “leave not my soul destitute” which means “do not uncover, raze, empty or lay bare my, David's, heart, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and passions”. David declared his confidence within Jehovah God, and he appealed to Him not to lay bare his heart, mind and will.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David told Jehovah God that he would keep his gaze and focus upon Him because he placed his faith in Him. He did not want God to allow his heart, mind and will to be laid bare nor exposed in the world. David trusted God for His provision and protection, and God desires to have this type of relationship with everyone. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to “trust” in Him and rely upon His ability to keep our “souls” from ever being “destitute”.

Next time David says, Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment