Monday, September 23, 2024

My Substance Not Hidden - Psalms 139:15

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said to Jehovah God, “you have possessed my reins: you have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse fifteen of Psalms David said, my substance was not hid from youwhere we read,

My substance was not hid from you, when I was made in secret,

and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

The verse begins, “My substance was not hid from you, when I was made in secret, ... David began with the words, “my substance” or “my, David's, power, bones, might and body” “was not hid from you” which means “was in no way concealed, effaced, destroyed and cut off apart from you, Jehovah God”, “when I was made in secret” or “at the time and moment I, David, was formed, fashioned, accomplished and produced in covering, hiding and protection”. David shared how his body was in no way concealed from Jehovah God at the time and moment he was produced in hiding.

The verse goes on to say, “... and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. David continued with the words, “and curiously wrought” or “ and variegated, embroidered and fabricated” “in the lowest parts” which means “within the nether and deep places and locations” “of the earth” or “belonging to the country, territory, region, district and world”. David shared how he was fabricated within the deepest locations within the territory and world.

When we think through David's words in this verse, we discover what he knew about the forming of his body not being concealed from Jehovah God. Even though it appeared that David was “made in secret” and fabricated within a deep place in the world, God was aware. God knows when we were made, and He has a plan and purpose for our lives. He wants us to be in a personal relationship with Him through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to know the value of being fashioned in “secret” and “fabricated” according to His Divine purpose and plan.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment