Thursday, September 19, 2024

Praising God with My Whole Heart - Psalms 138:1

Psalms one hundred and thirty eight begins with the phrase, “[[A Psalm of David.]]” which breaks down, “A Psalm” or “a melody or poem set to notes” “of David” which means belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel, and in chapter one hundred and thirty eight and verse one of Psalms David said, “I will praise you with my whole heart” where we read,

I will praise you with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto you.

The verse begins, “I will praise you with my whole heart: David began with the words, “I will praise you” or “I, David, shall laud, give thanks and make confession to you, Jehovah God” “with my whole heart” which means “by the use of my, David's, entire, soul, mind, will, desires, conscience and seat of passions and emotions”. David declared that he would give thanks and confession with his entire mind, will and soul.

The verse goes on to say, “before the gods will I sing praise unto you. David continued with the words, “before the gods” or “in front and in the presence of the judges, rulers and divine ones” “will I sing praise” which means “shall I, David, make music of thanksgiving, laud and exaltation with his voice” “unto you” or “to you, Jehovah God”. David said he would use his voice to give honor, exaltation and thanksgiving to Jehovah God in front of the judges, rulers and divine ones.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David determined to give thanksgiving and honor to Jehovah God with all his being, and he would use his voice to make laud filled songs unto Him in front of the rulers and divine ones to do so. God deserves our “praise” because of who He is and on account that He gave His Only Begotten Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to honor Him with our souls, minds, will, voices and songs throughout eternity.

Next time David says, “I will worship toward your holy temple, and praise your name”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment