Monday, September 23, 2024

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made - Psalms 139:14

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said to Jehovah God, “you have possessed my reins: you have covered me in my mother's womb”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse fourteen of Psalms David said, I am fearfully and wonderfully madewhere we read,

I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:

marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well.

The verse begins, “I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: David began with the words, “I will praise you” or “I, David, shall confess and give laud, thanksgiving, reverence and worship to you, Jehovah God”; “for I am fearfully” which means “because, since and on account that I, David, am reverently, with honor, awe and respect” “and wonderfully made” or “and distinctly, separately and distinguished in form, fashion and style”. David declared that he would give thanksgiving and laud to Jehovah God because he was formed and fashioned in a reverent, honorable and distinct manner.

The verse continues, “marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well. David added the words, “marvelous” or “wonderful, surpassing, extraordinary wondrous” “are your works” which means “are your, Jehovah God's, acts and deed”; “and that my soul” or “and that, God's surpassing and extraordinary acts, my, David's, heart, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and passions” “knows right well” which means “perceives, finds out, discerns, discriminates and distinguishes mightily, forcefully and abundantly”. David said Jehovah God's acts and deeds were wonderful, and he understood this deep within his heart, mind and will.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David proclaimed that he would worship Jehovah God with thanksgiving because he understood the marvel of God's creation of him. With reverence, honor and respect God formed David, and what God does, He does in a way that we may “know” it deep within our “souls”. God made us, loves us and wants us to live with Him forever in Heaven. He knows our sin separates us from a personal relationship with Him, and because everyone sins and will die as a result, God sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and teach us the knowledge of how we are “fearfully and wonderfully made”.

Next time David says, my substance was not hid from you, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment