Saturday, September 28, 2024

LORD, I Cry Unto You - Psalms 141:1

Psalms one hundred and forty one begins with the phrase, “A Psalm of David” which breaks down “A Psalm” or “a poem or melody set to instrumental music” “of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter one hundred and forty one and verse one of Psalms David said, LORD, I cry unto you” where we read,

LORD, I cry unto you: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto you.

The verse begins, LORD, I cry unto you: make haste unto me; David began with the words, “LORD, I cry unto you” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God, I, David, call out, proclaim and utter a loud sound toward you, Jehovah God”: “make haste unto me” which means “act quickly, be excited and show haste toward me, David”. David not only cried out to Jehovah God, but he wanted Him to work quickly on his account.

The verse continues, “give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto you.” David added the words, “give ear” or “hear, , perceive, listen and hearken” “unto my voice” which means “to my, David's, sound and noise of uttered words”, “when I cry unto you” or “at the time and moment I, David, call out, proclaim and utter a loud sound to you, Jehovah God”. David called upon Jehovah God to listen to his words at the time and moment he shouted out or prayed to Him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David took his troubles to Jehovah God in prayer, and because he wanted God to respond to him, David asked Him to act quickly. When we pray, we want God to listen to us, and He will always respond to us quickly when we ask His Son Jesus who died on the cross to come into our lives. Jesus died for our sins, and God gives us an invitation to believe and trust in Jesus so we may be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and accompanied by His Holy Spirit regardless of the circumstances or situations that arise in our lives.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, Let my prayer be set forth before you as incense, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment