Saturday, September 28, 2024

My Prayer Like Incense - Psalms 141:2

In Psalms one hundred and forty one David said, “LORD, I cry unto you: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto you”, and in chapter one hundred and forty one and verse two of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, Let my prayer be set forth before you as incense” where we read,

Let my prayer be set forth before you as incense;

and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

The verse begins, Let my prayer be set forth before you as incense; David began with the words, “Let my prayer” or “allow and permit my, David's, intercession and supplication as in a hymn” “be set forth before you” which means “to be set up, firmly established, fixed and securely determined” “as incense” or “like and similar to the sweet smoke or order of sacrifice or perfume”. David called upon Jehovah God to allow his intercession and supplication to be firmly established in Him like a sweet sacrifice or perfume.

The verse goes on to say,and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.” David continued with the words, “and the lifting up” or “and the uprising, raising and oblation” “of my hands” which means “pertaining to my, David's, physical hands” “as the evening sacrifice” or “like and similar unto nighttime or sunset gift, tribute, offering, present, oblation or meat offering”. David wanted Jehovah God to receive the raising of his physical “hands” to be similar to the afternoon offering that was presented to God. (See Numbers 28:4)

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to allow his supplication to be established like the smoking incense used in the tabernacle or temple, and he desired that Jehovah God view the lifting of his “physical hands” in a similar fashion to the “sacrifice” performed in the afternoon. The idea was for God to receive David's worship. God wants us to worship Him, and when we receive His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and learn to give Him honor, praise and glory by lifting our physical hands in honor and blessing to Him.

Next time David says, Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment