Monday, September 30, 2024

I Cried unto the LORD Again - Psalms 142:5

In Psalms one hundred and forty two David said, “I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul”, and in chapter one hundred and forty two and verse five of Psalms David, “cried unto the LORD again where we read,

I cried unto you, O LORD: I said, You are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.

The verse begins, I cried unto you, O LORD: David began with the words, “I cried unto you” or “I, David, called out, summoned and announced publicly to you, Jehovah God”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David repeated his calling out to Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “I said, You are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.” David continued with the words, “I said” or “I, David, uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “you are my refuge” which means “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, shelter from rain, storm or danger” “and my portion” or “and my, David's, share, part, territory and award” “in the land of the living” which means “within the country, territory, district, region and world belonging to people who are alive, fresh, flowing and active”. David told Jehovah God that He was his shelter and award within the territory and world in which people who are active and alive live.

When we mediate upon the words in this verse, we discover how David proclaimed to Jehovah God that He was his “shelter” and his “award” while he lived in the world. Many people seek other things that are temporary for their “refuge” and they seek “awards” in the world other than God. Nothing and no one satisfies like a personal relationship with God. God wants to have an intimate relationship with all of us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind to make that possible. Now all that is required is that we humble ourselves, repent of our sins and ask Him to come into our lives and we shall be saved. Our sins will be forgiven, we will be granted everlasting life and we shall gain Him as our “refuge and portion” all the days of our lives.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, attend unto my cry, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment