Thursday, September 26, 2024

LORD, You are My God - Psalms 140:6

In Psalms one hundred and forty David said, “The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah”, and in chapter one hundred and forty and verse six of Psalms David said, I said unto the LORD, You are my Godwhere we read,

I said unto the LORD, You are my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.

The verse begins, “I said unto the LORD, You are my God: David began with the words, “I said unto the LORD” or “I, David, uttered, declared and proclaimed to Jehovah who is the existing One and is the proper name for the One True God”, “you are my God” which means “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David shared how he declared to Jehovah God that He was indeed his Divine ruler and judge.

The verse goes on to say, “hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.” David continued with the words, “hear the voice” or “give ear, listen, hearken and broaden the ear to the sound and noise” “of my supplications” which means “belonging to my, David's, entreaty and earnest prayer”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David called upon Jehovah God to give audience and ear to his earnest prayers.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how David told Jehovah God that He was his Divine judge and ruler, and therefore David wanted Jehovah God to listen to his earnest prayers. God does indeed listen to people who surrender their lives to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for their sins. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and listen to us when we choose Him as our Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, “you have covered my head in the day of battle, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment