Friday, September 20, 2024

My Downsitting and Uprising - Psalms 139:2

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said, “O LORD, you have searched me, and known me, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse two of Psalms David said, you know my downsitting and my uprisingwhere we read,

You know my downsitting and my uprising, you understand my thought afar off.

The verse begins, “You know my downsitting and my uprising, ... David began with the words, “you know” or “you, Jehovah God, perceive, understand, have knowledge of, discern and recognized” “my downsitting” which means “my, Davids', remaining, sitting, abiding and setting in place” “and my uprising” or “and my, David's, rising up, standing and being established”. David continued to share how Jehovah God knew him when he remained in the same place and when he a rose up from there.

The verse continues, “... you understand my thought afar off. David added the words, “you understand my thought” or “you, Jehovah God, discern, consider, perceive and discern my, David's, purpose and aim” “afar off” which means “at a distance and remotely”. David said Jehovah God was aware of his purpose and aim from a distance.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how David knew God was aware of every time he sat down or was established within a place, and every time he stood or abode somewhere. God knew David's plans and was well aware of His intentions for his life. God knows us as well. He knew we needed a “Savior” because our sin has separated us from a relationship with Him. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to trust Him every time we sit down and every time we rise up.

Next time David says, you compass my path and my lying down, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment