Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Perfect Hatred - Psalms 139:22

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David asked, “Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate you? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against you?”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse twenty-two of Psalms David said, I hate them with perfect hatredwhere we read,

I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them my enemies.

The verse begins, “I hate them with perfect hatred: David began with the words, “I hate them” or “I, David, am odious to and as an adversary or foe to them, the people who hate Jehovah God and rise up against Him”, “with perfect hatred” which means “by existing as completely and extremely odious and as an adversary or foe”. David shared how he was completely odious to the people who hated Jehovah God, and he existed as a foe or adversary to them.

The verse continues, “I count them my enemies. David added the words, “I count them” or “I, David, number them, the people who hate and rise up against Jehovah God” “my enemies” which means “my, David's foes and adversaries”. David said the foes and adversaries of Jehovah God were his foes and adversaries as well.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how David had complete and extreme “hatred” for the people who were as foes and adversaries to Jehovah God. He went so far as to call them his “enemies” because they opposed God. Jehovah God is worthy of our praise, honor and glory, and because He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins, we should all believe and trust in Him to receive forgiveness of our sins and be granted everlasting life. God loves all people, however, not all people love Him, and we do best when we align with Him rather than being among those who “hate” Him.

Next time David says, Search me, O God, and know my heart:, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment