Monday, September 30, 2024

Looking on My Right Hand - Psalms 142:4

In Psalms one hundred and forty two David said to Jehovah God, “When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then you knew my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me”, and in chapter one hundred and forty two and verse four of Psalms David said, I looked on my right hand” where we read,

I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me:

refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.

The verse begins, I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: David began with the words, “I looked on my right hand or “I, David, regarded, paid attention to, had vision toward and considered my, David's, right hand of authority, power and might”, “and beheld” which means “and saw, observed, looked upon and considered”, “but there was no man” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover there existed not one person whether male or female” “that would know me” which means “who regarded, observed, paid attention to or noticed me, David”. David shared how he considered his “right hand” of power, might and authority and looked, however there was not one who regarded and paid attention to him.

The verse continues, “refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.” David added the words, “refuge failed me” or “retreat, escape and fleeing made me, David, to perish, vanish, go astray and be destroyed”; “no man cared” which means “not one person whether male or female inquired of, resorted to, consulted about and sought” “for my soul” or “on behalf of my, David's, heart, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and passions”. David said fleeing and retreating only caused him to vanish and perish, and not one person consulted him concerning his heart, mind and will.

When we consider the words in this verse, we discover how David felt abandoned and alone as he was in the cave and on the run from king Saul. (See 1 Samuel 23:11-20) Running from his troubles only troubled David and made him feel unobserved, and all the time he felt that no one “cared” for his “soul”, God was there. People didn't, but God did. God knows when we have difficulties and troubles, and He knows when we feel abandoned and without anyone to care. In those times, we should be reminded that He loves us and proved it by sending His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we surrender our lives to Him as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us His Holy Spirit who shall accompany us regardless of what we experience or how lonely we feel.

Next time David repeats the phrase, I cried unto the LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment