Monday, September 30, 2024

When My Spirit was Overwhelmed - Psalms 142:3

In Psalms one hundred and forty two David speaking of Jehovah God said, “I poured out my complaint before him; I showed before him my trouble”, and in chapter one hundred and forty two and verse three of Psalms David shared what happened, When my spirit was overwhelmed within me” where we read,

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then you knew my path.

In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.

The verse begins, When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then you knew my path. David began with the words, “when my spirit” or “at the time and moment my, David's, breath, mind, animation, vivacity, vigor and temper” “was overwhelmed within me” which means “grew weak, feeble, faint and languished inside of me, David”“then you knew my path” or “at that time you, Jehovah God, were aware of, perceived, recognized and acknowledged my, David's, traveled way, track and place”. David shared how Jehovah God perceived and understood the trodden way of his journey at the time David's vigor and vivacity was feeble and faint.

The verse goes on to say, “In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.” David continued with the words, “in the way” or “within the path, road and way of travel and living” “wherein I walked” which means “in the place and location I, David, trod, ambled, proceeded, traversed and lead way” “have they privily laid a snare for me” or “have they, the wicked foes and adversaries of David, concealed, made secret and hidden a trap, plot, source or agent of calamity on behalf of me, David”. David shared how the wicked foes placed a hidden trap in the path upon which he traveled.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David understood that there was nothing that he experienced of which Jehovah God was unaware. Even when pernicious people attempted to set a secret trap in David's pathway, God was with him. This is what an intimate personal relationship with God looks like, and God wants us to come to Him when our “souls” become weak and feeble as well. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for all our sins, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be available to listen to us when we are “overwhelmed” and when wicked people set “secret traps” into which they desire we fall.

Next time David says, I looked on my right hand, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment