Friday, September 20, 2024

Revived in the Midst of Trouble - Psalms 138:7

In Psalms one hundred and thirty eight David said, “All the kings of the earth shall praise you, O LORD, when they hear the words of your mouth. Yes, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great is the glory of the LORD. Though the LORD be high, yet has he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knows afar off”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty eight and verse seven of Psalms David said, “though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me” where we read,

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me:

you shall stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand shall save me.

The verse begins, “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me: David began with the words, “though I walk” or “yes, surely and indeed if and in case I, David, amble about, proceed, move and live” “in the midst of trouble” which means “within the middle of straits, distress and vexation”, “you will revive me” or “you, Jehovah God, shall sustain, make alive, prosper and restore me, David”. David said even if he were to make his way in life in the middle of distress and vexation, Jehovah God would sustain and prosper him.

The verse goes on to say, “you shall stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand shall save me. David continued with the words, “you shall stretch forth your hand” or “you, Jehovah God, will extend, direct and loose your, Jehovah God's, hand of authority, power and might” “against the wrath” which means “in opposition and resistance to the anger that wrinkles the nostrils and nose” “of my enemies” or “belonging to my, David's, hating foes and adversaries”, “and your right hand” which means “and your, Jehovah God's, right hand of power, might, authority and ability shall” “save me” or “recover, deliver and rescue me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to extend His powerful hand in opposition to His hating foes and adversaries, and the result would be his deliverance and rescue from them.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David depended upon His relationship with Jehovah God to come to his aid when He was in dire straits, and He knew God would extend His powerful hand to rescue him from people who hated him. God wants to have this type of relationship with every person, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind so this would be possible. When we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us aid in our distresses and protection against people who hate us and Him.

Next time David says, the LORD will perfect that which concerns me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment