Monday, September 30, 2024

Pouring Out My Complaint Before God - Psalms 142:2

In Psalms one hundred and forty two David said, “I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication”, and in chapter one hundred and forty two and verse two of Psalms David said, “I poured out my complaint before him where we read,

I poured out my complaint before him; I showed before him my trouble.

The verse begins, I poured out my complaint before him; David began with the words, “I poured out my complaint” or “I, David, spilled, shed and expended my, David's, meditation, musing, anxiety and trouble” “before him” which means “in front and in the presence of him, Jehovah God”. David shared how he expended his anxiety and trouble in the presence of Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “I showed before him my trouble.” David added the words, “I showed before him” or “I, David, told, made known and announced to him, Jehovah God” “my trouble” which means “my, David's, straits, distresses, vexations and tribulations”. David shared how he told Jehovah God about his distresses and vexations.

When we think through David's words in this verse, we learn how he spilled out his meditation and anxiety in front of Jehovah God, and he told him about his tribulations. God wants us to come to him when we are troubled and stressed, and when we realize He loves us and proved it by sending His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, we have the choice to rely upon, trust in and cling to Him. When we yield to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and exist as One to whom we “pour out our complaint” and “show our troubles”.

Next time David says, When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then you knew my path, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment