Monday, September 30, 2024

I Cried unto the LORD - Psalms 142:1

Psalms one hundred and forty two begins with the phrase, “[[Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave.]]” which breaks down “Maschil” or “a didactic poem or song of contemplation” “of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”: “A Prayer” or “an intercession or supplication which by implication is a hymn” “when he was in the cave” which means “at the time and moment he, David, within the dark cavern, den or hole. (See 1 Samuel 22, 24)”, and in chapter one hundred and forty two and verse one of Psalms David said, “I cried out unto the LORD with my voice where we read,

I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.

The verse begins, I cried unto the LORD with my voice; David began with the words, “I cried” or “I, David, called out, summoned and announced publicly” “unto the LORD” which means “toward Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “with my voice” or “by the use of my, David's, sound and noise of uttered words”. David shared how he called out to Jehovah God by the sounds of his uttered words.

The verse goes on to say, “with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.” David continued with the words, “with my voice” or “by the use of my, David's, sound and noise of uttered words” “unto the LORD” which means “toward Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “did I make my supplication” or “did I, David, implore, entreat and pray to show favor, grace, pity and mercy”. David repeated the idea that he employed the sound of his utter words to intercede for Jehovah God's favor, grace, pity and mercy.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David called out in intercession to Jehovah God. David knew to go to God with his troubles and difficulties, and God wants us to come to Him with the concerns of our lives. When we realize He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, we have the opportunity to yield our lives to Him. When we surrender, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be available for us to “cry out to Him” every day of our lives.

Next time David says, I poured out my complaint before him, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment