Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Search Me, O God - Psalms 139:23

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David asked, “Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate you? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against you? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them my enemies”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse twenty-three of Psalms David said, Search me, O God, and know my heart:where we read,

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

The verse begins, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: David began with the words, “Search me” or “examine, investigate and thoroughly try me, David”, “O God” which means “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “and know my heart” or “and perceive, see, find out, discern and recognize my, David's, soul, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of passions and emotions”. David called upon the Divine judge Jehovah God to examine him and discover what was in his soul, mind and will.

The verse continues, “try me, and know my thoughts: David added the words, “try me” or “examine, prove and test me, David”, “and know my thoughts” which means “and perceive, see, find out, discern and recognize my, David's, disquieting cogitations”. David wanted Jehovah God to test him and perceive his troubled mental processes.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to examine him. Although God knows everything, David wanted Him to test, examine and prove him within his soul and mental processes. God knows us, and He loves us. He wants to have a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and examine our “hearts and thoughts” so we will know what is really within us.

Next time David says, see if there be any wicked way in me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment