Saturday, September 21, 2024

In Heaven and Hell - Psalms 139:8

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David asked Jehovah God, “Where shall I go from your spirit? or where shall I flee from your presence?”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse eight of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, if I ascend up into heaven, you are therewhere we read,

If I ascend up into heaven, you are there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, you are there.

The verse begins, “If I ascend up into heaven, you are there: David began with the words, “If I ascend up into heaven” or “whether and in case I, David, go or am raised up to the visible sky, atmosphere, abode of the stars and Jehovah God's dwelling place”, “you are there” which means “you, Jehovah God, exist in that location and place”. David said if he rose up into the heavenly realms, Jehovah God is in that location.

The verse continues, “if I make my bed in hell, behold, you are there. David added the words, “if I make my bed in hell” or “whether and in case I, David, spread out and strew my, David's, reclining place within Sheol, the underworld and the place sent for punishment”, “behold, you are there” which means “look, lo and consider, you Jehovah God, exist within that location and place”. David said even through he spread out himself in the underworld or punishment place, Jehovah God exists within that place as well.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David considered “heaven and hell” as locations that he could be, and yet, Jehovah God is present there. God is omnipresent, and there is no place we go that He is not there. God's presence is everywhere, and He wants us to be in a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for the sins of the world. When we put our faith and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to know that He accompanies us everywhere.

Next time David says what will happen, If I take the wings of the morning, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment