Thursday, September 26, 2024

Covering My Head in the Day of Battle - Psalms 140:7

In Psalms one hundred and forty David said, “I said unto the LORD, You are my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD”, and in chapter one hundred and forty and verse seven of Psalms David said, “you have covered my head in the day of battlewhere we read,

O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, you have covered my head in the day of battle.

The verse begins, “O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, David began with the words, “O GOD the Lord” or “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God the master and proper name for God's name”, “the strength” which means “the might, security, majesty and boldness” “of my salvation” or “belonging to my, David's, deliverance, welfare, prosperity and victory”. David called upon Jehovah God whom he considered to be the might and boldness of his deliverance and prosperity.

The verse continues, “you have covered my head in the day of battle.” David added the words, “you have covered my head” or “you, Jehovah God, have been my, David's, defense, hedge and protection” “in the day of battle” which means “in the time or period pertaining to weapons, armory and military equipment”. David said he was hedged about by Jehovah God when the time of weapons and armory entered his life.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David depended upon Jehovah God for his might, deliverance and presence at the time for fighting and war. There is no greater defense than Jehovah God who sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins, and when we yield ourselves to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be our “covering” and “strength” in the “battles” in which we engage.

Next time David says, grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment