Monday, September 23, 2024

God's Eyes Saw My Substance - Psalms 139:16

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said to Jehovah God, “you have possessed my reins: you have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well. My substance was not hid from you, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse sixteen of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfectwhere we read,

Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

The verse begins, “Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; David began with the words, “your eyes” or “your, Jehovah God's, organs for seeing and perceiving” “did see my substance” which means “saw, observed, noticed and discerned my, David's, power, bones, might and body”, “yet being unperfect” or “still existing as an embryo, fetus or unformed mass”. David shared how Jehovah God observed him even while he was an embryo or fetus.

The verse continues, “and in your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. David added the words, “and in your book” or “and within your, Jehovah God's, document, writing, order, commission and letter” “all my members” which means “each, every, the whole and everyone of the parts of David's body” “were written” or “were inscribed, recorded and engraved”, “which in continuance” which means “that in the chronicles, divisions of time and periods” “were fashioned” or “were formed, framed, pre-ordained and planned”, “when as yet” which means “at the time and moment even” “there was none of them” or “there existed not a single one of them, the members written in continuance”. David shared how Jehovah God has books in which every part of him has been recorded, and this occurred even when they were not even formed.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David knew God observed him even when his body was not fully formed. Although there were different parts to David's body, God was aware of all of them, and God wrote about them before they were all formed. God knows us and loves us, and He wants us to know and love Him. God proved His love toward us as Paul the apostle wrote, “God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us”. (See Romans 5:8) Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and when we yield to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. God has written about us even before we were formed, and we have the opportunity to live according to His divine will, plan and purpose for our lives.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, how precious also are your thoughts unto me, O God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment