Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Thoughts More than the Sand - Psalms 139:18

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said to Jehovah God, “How precious also are your thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse eighteen of Psalms David said, if I should count them, they are more in number than the sandwhere we read,

If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with you.

The verse begins, If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: David began with the words, “If I should count them” or “whether and in case I, David, were to number, reckon and enumerate them, God's great sum of thoughts about him”, “they are more in number” which means “they, God's great sum of thoughts about him, exists as increased and enlarged to a greater amount” “than the sand” or “compared to the round or whiling particles as sand”. David said Jehovah God's thoughts concerning him exceeded the number of grains of sand that are in the world.

The verse continues, “when I awake, I am still with you. David added the words, “when I awake” or “at the time and moment I, David, arouse, show signs of waking and am startled from sleep”, “I am still with you” which means “I, David, continue, persist and exist alongside and beside you, Jehovah God”. David said when he woke up, he remained in the presence of Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David marveled at the numerous amounts of thoughts Jehovah God had about him. We can imagine him taking a handful of sand, allowing it to filter through his hand and thinking about God having a thought about him for every grain that fell through. God exceedingly thought about David, and He does the same for us as well. God loves us, and He thinks about us constantly. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and let us know He is thinking about us while we sleep and when we rise up from sleep.

Next time David says, surely you will slay the wicked, O God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment