Saturday, September 21, 2024

God's Hand Leading - Psalms 139:10

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David asked Jehovah God, “Where shall I go from your spirit? or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, you are there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse ten of Psalms David continued his thought as he said, even there shall your hand lead mewhere we read,

Even there shall your hand lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.

The verse begins, “Even there shall your hand lead me, ... David began with the words, “even there” or “indeed and also in the wings of the morning and the uttermost parts of the sea” “shall your hand” which means “will your, Jehovah God's, hand of power, might, strength and authority” “lead me” or “guide, govern and bring me, David”. David said Jehovah God's hand of might and power would guide him in the early morning and in the furtherest portions of the “sea”.

The verse continues, “... and your right hand shall hold me. David added the words, “and your right hand” or “and your right hand of authority” “shall hold me” which means “will grasp, seize and possess me, David”. David said Jehovah God's “right hand” of authority would seize and take possession of him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David knew Jehovah God's power and might would guide him regardless of where he was in the world. God is everywhere present, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we yield our lives to Him as our “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and lead and guide us with His mighty hand as we live in this world and in Heaven.

Next time David says, surely the darkness shall cover me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment