Wednesday, September 25, 2024

See If There's Any Wicked Way in Me - Psalms 139:24

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David asked, “Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate you? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against you? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse twenty-four of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, see if there be any wicked way in mewhere we read,

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

The verse begins, “And see if there be any wicked way in me, David began with the words, “and see if there be” or “and discover, discern, perceive, observe, watch and look intensely into whether and in case there exists” “any wicked way” which means “some idol, sorrow, pain and hurtful manner” “in me” or “within me, David”. David wanted Jehovah God to intensely discover whether there existed an idol or hurtful way of living within him.

The verse goes on to say, “and lead me in the way everlasting.” David continued with the words, “and lead me” or “and guide, govern, direct and bring me, David” “in the way everlasting” which means “within the road, journey, manner, path and direction that is of long duration, futurity, evermore, perpetual, unto continuous existence and perpetuity”. David wanted Jehovah God to guide and direct him within the manner of living that is eternal.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we discover how David wanted Jehovah God to reveal any idol worship or hurtful manner within him. David desired to live according to God's eternal standards, and because God wants this for us, He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and expose any “way” about us that is not in keeping with His perfect eternal plan and purpose for our lives.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, Deliver me, O LORD, from the wicked man, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment