Monday, September 23, 2024

God's Precious Thoughts of Me - Psalms 139:17

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said to Jehovah God, “you have possessed my reins: you have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well. My substance was not hid from you, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse seventeen of Psalms David said, how precious also are your thoughts unto me, O Godwhere we read,

How precious also are your thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

The verse begins, “How precious also are your thoughts unto me, O God! David began with the words, “how precious also” or “how prized, valuable, costly and esteemed even so and indeed” “are your thoughts unto me” which means “exist your, Jehovah God's, ideas, purpose and aim to me, David”, “O God” or “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”! David declared the ideas, purpose and aim of Jehovah God for his life to be intentional.

The verse goes on to say, “how great is the sum of them! David continued with the words, “how great” or “O how vast, numerous, abundant, mighty and strong” “is the sum of them” which means “exists the choicest, best and number pertaining to them, the precious thoughts of God”! David said God possessed a numerous amount of precious thoughts toward him.

When we meditate upon David's words in this verse, we learn how he knew God was thinking about him. In fact, God's thoughts about David were not only numerous, but they were also so many that they were unable to be counted. God loves us, and He is constantly thinking about us. He wants to live with us forever, however, we have sin in our lives, and our sin separates us from a personal relationship with Him. For this reason God sent His Only Begotten Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we rely upon, cling to and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and teach us how we are continuously on His mind.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, if I should count them, they are more in number than the sand, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment