Sunday, September 22, 2024

God Has Possessed My Reigns - Psalms 139:13

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said, “If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yes, the darkness hides not from you; but the night shines as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to you, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse thirteen of Psalms David said, “for you have possessed my reinswhere we read,

For you have possessed my reins: you have covered me in my mother's womb.

The verse begins, “For you have possessed my reins: David began with the words, “for you have possessed” or “ because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God, have acquired, obtained, created and procured” “my reigns” which means “my, David's, kidneys or the seat of emotions and affections”. David shared how Jehovah God created and obtained his kidneys which were believed to be the seat of his emotions and affections.

The verse goes on to say, “you have covered me in my mother's womb. David continued with the words, “you have covered me” or “you, Jehovah God, have defended, fenced about, overshadowed and hedged me, David” “in my mother's womb” which means “within my, David's, female progenitor's abdomen or belly”. David shared how Jehovah God overshadowed and hedged him about within his mother's abdomen for birthing.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David knew God created and procured him within the “womb” of his mother. God overshadowed David even when he was inside his mother's body, and He does the same for everyone. God created people, and He loves them. Regardless of where we are born and what the circumstances were for our making, God wants us to live with Him forever. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to understand that God has “possessed” us even from the time we were in our mother's “wombs”.

Next time David says, I am fearfully and wonderfully made, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment