Saturday, September 21, 2024

Where Can I Go From God's Presence? - Psalms 139:7

In Psalms one hundred and thirty nine David said, there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, you know it altogether. You have beset me behind and before, and laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it”, and in chapter one hundred and thirty nine and verse seven of Psalms David asked Jehovah God, where shall I go from your spirit?where we read,

Where shall I go from your spirit? or where shall I flee from your presence?

The verse begins, “Where shall I go from your spirit? David began with the words, “where shall I go” or “unto what place or location and time will I, David, depart, proceed and be lead away” “from your spirit” which means “separate and apart from your, Jehovah God's, Holy Spirit, essence and being”? David asked to what place he could depart and proceed away from Jehovah God's “presence and Spirit”.

The verse goes on to say, “or where shall I flee from your presence? David continued with the words, “or where shall I flee” or “or in what place and location will I, David, be able to drive away, put to flight and be hurried away” “from your presence” which means “separate and apart from your, Jehovah God's, front, countenance and face”? David asked to what place he could run away that Jehovah God's countenance and face would not be there.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David questioned what place he could go to that would be absent of God's essence, and what location that he could proceed to that would be without Jehovah God's countenance. God is omnipresent, and there is no where we can go that He is not. He wants to have a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and know that He accompanies us wherever we are in the world.

Next time David says, if I ascend up into heaven, you are there, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment