Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Righteous Smiting Kindness - Psalms 141:5

In Psalms one hundred and forty one David said to Jehovah God, “Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties”, and in chapter one hundred and forty one and verse five of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness” where we read,

Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

The verse begins, Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; David began with the words, “let the righteous smite me” or “allow and permit people who are just, right, correct and lawful strike, hammer, conquer and disband me, David”; “it shall be a kindness” which means “it, the righteous smiting David, will exist as lovingkindness, goodness, merciful, favor, pity and reproach”: “and let him reprove me” which means “and allow and permit him, the righteous, to prove, rebuke, correct and right me, David”. David said if people who are right and just would conquer him, it would actually exist as lovingkindness and goodness to him, so he wanted the righteous to correct him.

The verse continues,it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.” David added the words, “it shall be an excellent oil” or “it, the correction of the righteous, will exist as the top, summit, height and chief anointing olive oil”, “which shall not break my head” which means “that in no way will hinder, hold back, disallow, restrain, frustrate or hold back my, David's, top, summit and chief part of his body”: “for yet my prayer” or “because, since and on account that still or even so my, David's, supplication and intercession” “shall be in their calamities” which means “will exist within their, the righteous one's, bad, disagreeableness, malignancy, unpleasantness, evil and displeasing”. David said the correction of “righteous” people would exist like the chief anointing olive oil that in no way hinders his “head”, but would lead to his “prayer” being unpleasant and malignant to the people who were against him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how David valued the correction of people who are right and just. Rather than suffering from wicked people who desired David's demise, righteous people would help him in his walk with God. God wants us to be in an intimate personal relationship with Him, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind to make that possible. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and bring people into our lives to provide correction that allows us to grow in our relationship with Him. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for providing the way to salvation and righteous people to keep us in line with the best that God has planned for our lives.

Next time David says, When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment