Thursday, September 26, 2024

LORD Keep Me from Wicked Hands - Psalms 140:4

In Psalms one hundred and forty David said, “Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man. Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war. They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips”, and in chapter one hundred and forty and verse four of Psalms David said, Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wickedwhere we read,

Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man;

who have purposed to overthrow my goings.

The verse begins, “Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; David began with the words, “Keep me” or “guard, observe and give heed to me”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “from the hands of the wicked” or “separate and apart from the physical hands of power, might and strength belonging to people who are criminal, guilty of crime and hostile to God”; “preserve me” which means “guard, watch over, keep and observe me, David” “from the violent man” or “separate and apart from the person whether male or female who is false, unjust and cruel”. David appealed to Jehovah God to protect him from the power and might of people who are cruel, unjust and hostile to God.

The verse goes on to say, “who have purposed to overthrow my goings.” David continued with the words, “who have purposed”” or “that have planed, esteemed, calculated and imagined” “to overthrow” which means “to thrust, totter, drive away and violently put away” “my goings” or “my, David's, strokes, occurrences and footsteps”. David said the people who are cruel and hostile to God determined to violently drive away his footsteps and occurrences.

When we consider David's words in this verse, we discover how he wanted Jehovah God to protect and keep him from people who were cruel, evil and hostile to God. He knew these wicked people planned to alter his steps, and God could keep them from accomplishing their desire. God loves all people, and He has plans for all of us. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and defend us against those who are wickedly purposed against us and Almighty God.

Next time David says, the proud have hid a snare for me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment