Friday, July 19, 2024

Choosing the Way of Truth - Psalms 119:30

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “remove from me the way of lying: and grant me your law graciously”, and in Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse thirty of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I have chosen the way of truth” where we read,

I have chosen the way of truth: your judgments have I laid before me.

The verse begins, I have chosen the way of truth: The Psalmist began with the words, “I have chosen” or “I, the Psalmist, have elected, decided and selected” “the way of truth” which means “the road, journey, manner, path and direction belonging to firmness, fidelity, steadfastness and that which is morally secure”. The Psalmist said he selected the manner of life that is firm, steady and morally secure.

The verse continues, “your judgments have I laid before me.” The Psalmist added the words, “your judgments” or “your, Jehovah God's, manner, cause, right, ordinances, law and discretion” “have I laid before me” which means “have I, the Psalmist, set, placed and established in front of me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist referred to how he placed Jehovah God's ordinances and laws in front of him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist shared how he selected the truthful manner of living which caused him to keep the laws and ordinances of Jehovah God in front of him at all times. God's way of living is best, and He desires to have a personal relationship with all people through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to follow His manner of living in this life and the life to come.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have stuck unto your testimonies”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment