Thursday, July 25, 2024

You are My Portion, O LORD - Psalms 119:57

In Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse fifty seven we begin the next section of the chapter which employs the Hebrew letter “CHETH”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse fifty-seven of Psalms the Psalmist said, “you are my portion, O LORD” where we read,

You are my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep your words.

The verse begins, You are my portion, O LORD: The Psalmist began with the words, “you are my portion” or “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, the Psalmist's, share, part, territory and reward”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God existed as his share and reward.

The verse continues, “I have said that I would keep your words.” The Psalmist added the words, “I have said” or “I, the Psalmist, uttered, declared and proclaimed” “that I would keep your words” which means “that I, the Psalmist, would guard, watch over and observe your, Jehovah God's, speeches, utterances, business, occupation and acts”. The Psalmist shared how he declared that he would watch over and observe Jehovah God's speeches and acts.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we discover how he considered Jehovah God to be his reward, and this caused him to declare that he would follow and observe what God had to say. God knows what is best for our lives, and when He speaks and acts, He demonstrates His love and care for us. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to understand through His Holy Spirit how valuable He is and how rewarding the keeping of His “word” shall be.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I entreated your favor with my whole heart”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment