Wednesday, July 24, 2024

My Comfort in Affliction - Psalms 119:50

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “Remember the word unto your servant, upon which you have caused me to hope”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse fifty of Psalms the Psalmist said, “This is my comfort in my affliction” where we read,

This is my comfort in my affliction: for your word has quickened me.

The verse begins, “This is my comfort in my affliction: The Psalmist began with the words, “this is my comfort” or “this, the following thing, exists as my, the Psalmist's, consolation” “in my affliction” which means “within my, the Psalmist's, depression, poverty and misery”. The Psalmist said the following exists as his consolation when he experienced poverty and misery.

The verse goes on to say, “for your word has quickened me.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “for your word” or “because, since and on account that your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance and commandment” “has quickened me” which means “has made alive, sustained, revived and restored me, the Psalmist, to life”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's utterance and commandments revived him and made him alive.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we discover how he employed the “word of God” whenever he suffered troubles and trials. God gave us His “word” because He knew we would encounter difficult times, and when we yield to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and remind us of His “word” whenever we face difficulties and “afflictions”.

Next time the Psalmist says, “the proud have had me greatly in derision”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment