Friday, July 19, 2024

Remove From Me the Way of Lying - Psalms 119:29

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “My soul melts for heaviness: strengthen you me according unto your word”, and in Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse twenty nine of Psalms the Psalmist said, “remove from me the way of lying” where we read,

Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me your law graciously.

The verse begins, Remove from me the way of lying: The Psalmist began with the words, “remove from me” or “turn aside, depart and take separate and apart from me, the Psalmist” “the way of lying” which means “the road, distance, journey, manner and habit pertaining to deception, disappointment, falsehood, fraud and wrong swearing”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to separate from him any manner of fraudulent speaking or swearing in his life.

The verse goes on to say, “and grant me your law graciously.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “and grant me your law” or “and be gracious, show favor and have mercy toward me, the Psalmist, your, Jehovah God's, direction, instruction, codes of law, manner and custom” “graciously” which means “with favor, pity, consideration and mercy”. The Psalmist also appealed to Jehovah God to give him direction and instruction in a merciful and pitiful way.

When we think through the Psalmists words in this verse, we learn how he wanted Jehovah God to take away from him any false speaking and to give him His direction with mercy. The Psalmist prayed what Jehovah God desires for our lives, and He demonstrated it by sending His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. God loves us, and when we desire His “way” rather than the world's, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and be given His direction with mercy all the days of our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have chosen the way of truth”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment