Friday, July 19, 2024

My Soul Melts for Heaviness - Psalms 119:28

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “Make me to understand the way of your precepts: so shall I talk of your wondrous works”, and in Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse twenty eight of Psalms the Psalmist said, “my soul melts for heaviness” where we read,

My soul melts for heaviness: strengthen you me according unto your word.

The verse begins, My soul melts for heaviness: The Psalmist began with the words, “my soul” or “my, the Psalmist's, heart, mind, will, desires, living being, conscience and seat of emotions and passions” “melts for heaviness” which means “drips, leaks and weeps because of grief, sorrow and depression”. The Psalmist shared how his heart, mind and will wept because of the grief and sorrow he experienced.

The verse continues, “strengthen you me according unto your word.” The Psalmist added the words, “strengthen you me” or “arise, stand up, fix and establish you, Jehovah God, me, the Psalmist” “according unto your word” which means “in keeping with your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, business, occupation, acts and manner”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to make him fixed and established within the standards of His speech, acts and manner.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist bore his heart in this verse as he described how he wept and suffered from the grief and sorrow in his life. He passionately wanted Jehovah God to make him strong and fixed in His manner and acts of living. God loves people, and He demonstrated His love toward us when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and establish us in His “word” when we suffer grief and depression in this world.

Next time the Psalmist says, “remove from me the way of lying”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment