Monday, July 22, 2024

The Word of Truth - Psalms 119:43

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “let your mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even your salvation, according to your word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproaches me: for I trust in your word”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse forty three of Psalms the Psalmist added, “take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth” where we read,

And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in your judgments.

The verse begins, And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth;” The Psalmist began with the words, “and take not the word of truth” or “and do not remove or separate the speech, utterance and declaration of firmness, faithfulness, sureness, reliability, stability and continuance” “utterly out of my mouth” which means “totally, greatly, exceedingly, mightily and diligently from and separate from my, the Psalmist's, orifice in his face used for eating, drinking and speaking”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God not to remove the firmness, faithfulness and reliability of His utterance and speech completely from his “mouth”.

The verse continues, “for I have hoped in your judgments.” The Psalmist added the words, “for I have hoped” or “because, since and on account that I, the Psalmist, have waited, expected and tarried” “in your judgments” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, justice, ordinance, process, procedure, litigation, sentence and decisions”. The Psalmist said the reason he did not want Jehovah God to remove His “truth” from his “mouth” was because he waited in expectation for His ordinances and procedures.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist wanted the “truth” of Jehovah God to be in his “mouth”, and his reason for expecting this to happen was because he waited within God's laws and commandments. God wants to have an intimate personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and keep His “truthful word” in our “mouths” as we place our “hope” in His procedures and processes.

Next time the Psalmist says, “so shall I keep your law continually”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment