Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Lips Declaring All God's Judgments - Psalms 119:13

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist's said, “Blessed are you, O LORD: teach me your statutes”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse thirteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “with my lips have I declared all the judgments where we read,

With my lips have I declared all the judgments of your mouth.

The verse begins, With my lips have I declared ... The Psalmist began with the words, “with my lips” or “by the use of my, the Psalmist's, physical lips used for speaking” “have I declared” which means “have I, the Psalmist, uttered, proclaimed and spoken” the following. The Psalmist shared how he employed his physical lips for proclaiming and uttering the following.

The verse continues, “... all the judgments of your mouth.” The Psalmist added the words, “all the judgments or “each, every, the whole and everyone of the ordinances, acts of deciding a case” “of your mouth” which means “belonging to your, Jehovah God's, orifice in the face used for speaking”. The Psalmist said he used his physical “lips” to proclaim every one of the ordinances declared by Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover the resolve of the Psalmist to employ his “lips” to proclaim every one of the laws and ordinances that are given by Jehovah God. God wants people to know His law and to realize He provided them because He loves us. He proved His love to us when He sent His Only Begotten Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us the opportunity not only to speak of His laws but also to keep them all the days of our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have rejoiced in the way of your testimonies”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment