Monday, July 22, 2024

Walking at Liberty - Psalms 119:45

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in your judgments. So shall I keep your law continually for ever and ever”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse forty five of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will walk at liberty” where we read,

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek your precepts.

The verse begins, “And I will walk at liberty: The Psalmist began with the words, “and I will walk” or “and I, the Psalmist, shall amble about and make my way” “at liberty” which means “in a broad, large, proud and wide manner”. The Psalmist said when he hoped in Jehovah God's “judgments” and “law”, he would be able to make his way about in a proud and wide way.

The verse continues, “for I seek your precepts.” The Psalmist added the words, “for I seek” or “because, since and on account that I, the Psalmist, look for, have resorted to, inquired and search with care for” “your precepts” which means “your, Jehovah God's, statutes, laws, commandments and mandates”. The Psalmist said the reason he would make his way in a proud and large manner was because he searched for and and resorted to Jehovah God's commandments and precepts.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he made his way through life in a large and proud manner because he inquired of and searched for Jehovah God's commandments and laws. God wants this mindset to be in all of us. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and encourage us to make our way through life in accordance with His laws and commandments.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I will speak of your testimonies”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment