Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Seeking God with Your Whole Heart - Psalms 119:10

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist's asked, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?”, and he answered, “by taking heed thereto according to your word”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse ten of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “with my whole heart have I sought you where we read,

With my whole heart have I sought you: O let me not wander from your commandments.

The verse begins, With my whole heart have I sought you: The Psalmist began with the words, “with my whole heart” or “by the use and means of my, the Psalmist's, total, entire and everything pertaining to his soul, mind, will, desires, living being, conscience and seat of emotions and passions” “have I sought you” which means “have I, the Psalmist, looked for, inquired of, resorted to, consulted and frequented you, Jehovah God”. The Psalmist said by the use of everything that was within his soul, mind and will he looked for and consulted with Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “O let me not wander from your commandments.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “O let me not wander” or “O do not allow or permit me, the Psalmist, to err, go astray, swerve, meander, reel, roll or be mislead” “from your commandments” which means “separate and apart from your, Jehovah God's, law, ordinance and precepts”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God not to allow him to go astray and meander away from His ordinances and laws.

When we think through the Psalmist's words in this verse, we see how he purposed to seek Jehovah God with everything that was within him, and he wanted God to help him never to go astray from His ordinances and law. God wants us to seek Him, and He wants us to continue and remain with His commands. God loves us, and when we yield to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us the desire not only to seek Him with all our “hearts”, but also give us aid to keep and continue in His precepts.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “your word have I hid in my heart”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment