Friday, July 19, 2024

Stuck Unto God's Testimonies - Psalms 119:31

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I have chosen the way of truth: your judgments have I laid before me, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse thirty-one of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I have stuck unto your testimonies” where we read,

I have stuck unto your testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.

The verse begins, I have stuck unto your testimonies: The Psalmist began with the words, “I have stuck” or “I, the Psalmist, have clung, kept close, joined and been overtaken” “unto your testimonies” which means “toward your, Jehovah God's, witness”. The Psalmist told Jehovah God that he has kept close to and been overtaken with His witness.

The verse goes on to say, “O LORD, put me not to shame.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One the proper name for the One True God”, “put me not to shame” which means “do not make me, the Psalmist, to be ashamed, disconcerted, disappointed and confounded”. The Psalmist prayed to Jehovah God not to allow him to be disconcerted or confounded.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist told Jehovah God that he kept His witness, and he prayed that Jehovah God would keep Him from being ashamed and confounded. God wants us to keep His word and witness, and He desires that we not exist as ashamed. God is for us and not against us, and He proved His love toward us when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us by His Holy Spirit to keep His witness and never be ashamed.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I will run the way of your commandments”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment