Friday, July 19, 2024

Running to God's Commandments - Psalms 119:32

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I have chosen the way of truth: your judgments have I laid before me. I have stuck unto your testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse thirty-two of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will run the way of your commandments” where we read,

I will run the way of your commandments, when you shall enlarge my heart.

The verse begins, I will run the way of your commandments, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I will run the way” or “I, the Psalmist, shall dart, move quickly and hurry toward the road, distance, journey, manner and path” “of your commandments” which means “pertaining to your, Jehovah God's, laws, ordinances and precepts”. The Psalmist shared how he would hurry and move quickly toward Jehovah God's ordinances and law.

The verse continues, “... when you shall enlarge my heart.” The Psalmist added the words, “when you shall enlarge” or “at the time and moment you, Jehovah God, grow wide, widen, make broad and roomy” “my heart” which means “my, the Psalmist's, soul, mind, will, desires, living beings and seat of emotions and passions”. The Psalmist said his soul, mind and will would be widened and made broad at the time he moved quickly toward Jehovah God's laws and ordinances.

When we think through the Psalmist words in this verse, we learn how he determined to move quickly toward Jehovah God's laws and ordinances, and the result would be God's blessing upon him by making his soul and mind larger. God wants us to follow His ways, and He gave His laws and ordinances for our benefit. God will expand our souls when we yield our lives to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and expand our “hearts” to capacities that are well beyond what we can ask or think. (See Ephesians 3:20)

Next time the Hebrew letter “HE” is employed as the Psalmist says, “teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment