Friday, July 12, 2024

I Will Praise the LORD - Psalms 118:21

In Psalms one hundred eighteen the Psalmist said, “Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD. This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter”, and in chapter one hundred eighteen and verse twenty-one of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will praise you” where we read,

I will praise you: for you have heard me, and are become my salvation.

The verse begins with the words, I will praise you: The Psalmist began with the words, “I will” or “I, the Psalmist, shall” “praise you” which means “laud, confess and give thanks to you, Jehovah God”. The Psalmist told Jehovah God that he would give Him thanks, laud and adoration.

The verse continues, “you have heard me, and are become my salvation.” The Psalmist added the words, “you have heard me” or “you, Jehovah God, have answered, responded to, tunefully uttered and given heed to me, the Psalmist”, “and are become” which means “and have come to pass, happened and fallen out to exist as” “my salvation” or “my, the Psalmist's, deliverance, liberty and rescue”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God not only paid attention to and gave heed to him, but He also came to his rescue and delivered him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist gave thanks and adoration to Jehovah God because God paid attention to him. This caused Jehovah God to exist as the Psalmist's deliverer, and He desires the same for every person. God sent His perfect Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Him as our “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and listen to us when we cry out to Him. Let all praise, honor, glory and thanks be unto Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for giving heed to our prayers and becoming our deliverer.

Next time the Psalmist shares about, “the stone which the builders refused”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment