Thursday, July 25, 2024

God's Statutes are My Song - Psalms 119:54

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “Horror has taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake your law”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse fifty-four of Psalms the Psalmist said, “your statutes have been my songs” where we read,

Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.

The verse begins, “Your statutes have been my songs ... The Psalmist began with the words, “your statutes” or “your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, limits, resolves, decrees and prescribed tasks and portions” “have been my songs” which means “have existed as my, the Psalmist's, psalms or music made with singing or musical instruments”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's laws and commandments existed as music made with his voice or musical instruments.

The verse goes on to say, “... in the house of my pilgrimage.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “in the house” or “within the dwelling, habitation, shelter and abode” “of my pilgrimage” which means “pertaining to my, the Psalmist's, sojourning place, permanent residence and temporary abode”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's “statutes” were his “songs” within his sojourning place and abode.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we see how Jehovah God's ordinances and decrees were part of his worship in music within his home. God loves for us to worship and acknowledge Him, and when we use music and songs to glorify Him, we recognize His desire to save us through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and inspire us to worship Him in “song” in our homes and throughout our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have remembered your name, O LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment