Monday, July 29, 2024

My Eyes Fail for God's Word - Psalms 119:82

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “My soul faints for your salvation: but I hope in your word”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse eighty-two of Psalms the Psalmist said, “My eyes fail for your word” where we read,

My eyes fail for your word, saying, When will you comfort me?

The verse begins, My eyes fail for your word, saying, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “my eyes fail” or “my, the Psalmist's, physical eyes and mental and spiritual faculties are complete, accomplished, determined and fulfilled” “for your word” which means “on behalf of your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance and commandment”, “saying” or “uttering, declaring and proclaiming” the following words. The Psalmist said his physical, mental and spiritual eyes were complete and fulfilled toward Jehovah God's utterances and commandments, and they uttered the following words.

The verse continues, “... When will you comfort me? The Psalmist added the words, “when will you” or “at what time and moment shall you, Jehovah God” “comfort me” which means “console and have pity and compassion upon me, the Psalmist”? The Psalmist wondered what time Jehovah God would bring consolation and pity to him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover not only how the Psalmist passionately longed for the commandments of Jehovah God, but also wondered at what time He would have compassion upon him. Even when we seek God's word, love God's word and long for His truth in our lives, we may suffer afflictions and tribulations. (See John 16:33) God loves us, and He wants us to know His word. When we yield to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us a desire for His word that shall bring us “comfort” and consolation in whatever circumstances and situations we encounter.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I am become like a bottle in the smoke”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment