Sunday, July 21, 2024

Going in the Path of God's Commandments - Psalms 119:35

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “Give me understanding, and I shall keep your law; yes, I shall observe it with my whole heart”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse thirty-five of Psalms the Psalmist said, “Make me to go in the path of your commandments” where we read,

Make me to go in the path of your commandments; for therein do I delight.

The verse begins, Make me to go in the path of your commandments; The Psalmist began with the words, “make me to go in the path” or “cause, march and lead me, the Psalmist, within the pathway, trodden place, travel and journey” “of your commandments” which means “pertaining to your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, precepts and law”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to lead him within the pathways of His ordinances and law.

The verse goes on to say, “for therein do I delight.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “for therein” or “because, since and on account that within the ordinances and law of Jehovah God” “do I delight” which means “I, the Psalmist, take pleasure, am pleased, favor and move with desire”. The Psalmist said he took pleasure within and favored the ordinances and law of Jehovah God.

When we think through the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he wanted Jehovah God to lead him in the direction of His “law”. He took pleasure in the law of God because he understood that God had his best interest in mind. God's law is for our good, and yet, we have violated His law and become “sinners” who have missed his mark of perfection. God loves us so much, that “He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life”. (See John 3:16) When we put our faith and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and lead us in His word so we too will “delight” and take pleasure in His direction and manner of living.

Next time the Psalmist says, “incline my heart unto your testimonies”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment