Friday, July 19, 2024

I Have Declared My Ways - Psalms 119:26

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “My soul cleaves unto the dust: quicken you me according to your word”, and in Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse twenty six of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I have declared my ways” where we read,

I have declared my ways, and you heard me: teach me your statutes.

The verse begins, I have declared my ways, and you heard me: The Psalmist began with the words, “I have declared my ways” or “I, the Psalmist, have recounted, related, numbered, taken account of and reckoned my, the Psalmist's, road, journey, manner, direction and habit”, “and you heard me” which means “and you, Jehovah God, answered, responded, gave heed to and paid attention to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist referred to how he shared his direction and habits with Jehovah God, and God paid attention to his prayers.

The verse continues, “teach me your statutes.” The Psalmist added the words, “teach me” or “instruct, guide, exercise and train me, the Psalmist” “your statutes” which means “your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, limits, something prescribed or due, decrees, boundaries and enactments”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to instruct him in His ordinances and decrees.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist acknowledged Jehovah God's willingness to pay attention to his declarations, and he desired to be instructed by God in His laws and commandments. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal intimate relationship with all of us. He will hear us when we call out to Him, and He will instruct us in His laws. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and always be ready to hear and teach us according to His perfect ways and will.

Next time the Psalmist says, “make me to understand the way of your precepts”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment