Monday, July 15, 2024

I Will Keep Your Statutes - Psalms 119:8

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I will praise you with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned your righteous judgments”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse eight of Psalms the Psalmist says, “I will keep your statutes where we read,

I will keep your statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

The verse begins, I will keep your statutes:” The Psalmist began with the words, “I will keep” or “I, the Psalmist, shall guard, observe, give heed and charge to” “your statutes” which means “your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, limits, prescribed way”. The Psalmist determined to give heed to and observe the ordinances and limits of Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “O forsake me not utterly.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “O forsake me not” or “O in no way or manner leave, depart from, leave behind, neglect or abandon me, the Psalmist” “utterly” which means “unto exceeding might, force and abundance”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God not to abandon or depart from him in an exceedingly great manner.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we see how he determined to observe Jehovah God's laws, and he appealed to Jehovah God not to in any way or manner to leave or neglect him. God wants us to obey His commandments because they exist for our good. He knew we would violate them, so He sent His Son Jesus to pay the penalty of death on the cross for our sins. When we surrender our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and promise never to “leave us nor forsake us” (See Hebrews 13:5) as we observe and obey His commands.

Next time we begin the second section of Psalms one hundred and nineteen called “BETH” where the Psalmist asks, “wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment