Monday, July 22, 2024

Turn Away My Reproach - Psalms 119:39

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “Establish your word unto your servant, who is devoted to your fear”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse thirty-nine of Psalms the Psalmist said, “turn away my reproach which I fear” where we read,

Turn away my reproach which I fear: for your judgments are good.

The verse begins, Turn away my reproach which I fear: The Psalmist began with the words, “turn away my reproach” or “alienate, carry off and pass over my, the Psalmist's, scorn, taunting, shame and disgrace” “which I fear” which means “that I, the Psalmist, am afraid of and dread”. The Psalmist called upon Jehovah God to carry off his scorn and disgrace in which he was afraid.

The verse goes on to say, “ for your judgments are good.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “for your judgments” or “because, since and on account that your, Jehovah God's, justice, ordinance, court, process, procedure and litigation” “are good” which means “exists as pleasant, agreeable, excellent, rich, appropriate and valuable in estimation”. The Psalmist said because Jehovah God's process and procedure exist as pleasant and agreeable, the removal of his dreaded “reproach” was merited.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist wanted Jehovah God to remove the taunting dread within his life. He knew God loved him, and God's “ordinances and laws” were valuable and pleasant to him. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind so that when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and carry away our disgrace and shame as He proves His “ordinances and laws” are for our “good”. (See Romans 8:28)

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have longed for your precepts”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment