Monday, July 22, 2024

Having Wherewith to Answer - Psalms 119:42

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “let your mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even your salvation, according to your word”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse forty two of Psalms the Psalmist added, “so shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproaches me” where we read,

So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproaches me: for I trust in your word.

The verse begins, So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproaches me: The Psalmist began with the words, “so shall I have wherewith” or “therefore, then and on this account will I, the Psalmist, be equipped and furnished with the ability” “to answer him” which means “to respond, speak and act toward the person whether male or female” “that reproaches me” or “who taunts, blasphemes, defies, jeopardize, rails upon and upbraids me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said when God's merciful salvation was given to him, he would be equipped with what he needed to respond to the people who upbraided and jeopardized him.

The verse continues, “for I trust in your word.” The Psalmist added the words, “for I trust” or “because, since and on account that I, the Psalmist, have faith, confidence and security”, “in your word” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, business, occupation, case and matter”. The Psalmist declared that he had confidence and faith within the utterance and speech of Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist knew when he received the “mercy” of Jehovah God, he would be able to respond to people who defy and upbraid him. The Psalmist said he had confidence in Jehovah God's law and commandments, and anyone who surrenders their life to Jehovah God through His Son Jesus will trust in His “word” and be saved and rescued from the penalty of sin which is death. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and God will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life be equipped to respond to anyone who opposes and upbraids us. This “word” of God we may “trust in” forever.

Next time the Psalmist says, “take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment