Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Delighting in God's Commandments - Psalms 119:47

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I will speak of your testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse forty seven of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will delight myself in your commandments” where we read,

And I will delight myself in your commandments, which I have loved.

The verse begins, “And I will delight myself in your commandments, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “and I will delight myself” or “and I, the Psalmist, my own self shall take pleasure, be amused and pleased” “in your commandments” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, precepts and laws”. The Psalmist said he would be amused and take pleasure within the laws and ordinances of Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “... which I have loved.” The Psalmist added the words, “which I” or “that I, the Psalmist” “have loved” which means “have had affection and passion toward”. The Psalmist said he was passionate and affectionate toward Jehovah God's “commandments”.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist “loved” the ordinances and laws of Jehovah God. He knew God had his best interest in mind, and we can do no better than following the ways of God. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind to prove it. When we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and put within us a passion and appreciation for His ways and manner of living.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my hands also will I lift up unto your commandments”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment